- 1 cup wild rice
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 2 T. snipped chives or green onions
- 1 can(8 oz.) mushroom pieces (drained)
- 3 cups chicken broth
Takes , serves 6-8.
- Wash and drain wild rice.
- Melt margarine in large skillet. Add rice, almonds, chives and mushrooms.
- Cook and stir until almonds are golden brown, about 20 minutes.
- Heat oven to 325°. Pour rice mixture into ungreased 1-1/2 qt. casserole. Heat chicken broth to boiling and stir into rice mixture. Cover tightly. Bake about 1 1/2 hours or until all liquid is absorbed and rice is tender and fluffy.