- 1 cup wild rice
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 2 T. snipped chives or green onions
- 1 can(8 oz.) mushroom pieces (drained)
- 3 cups chicken broth
Takes , serves 6-8.
- Wash and drain wild rice.
- Melt margarine in large skillet. Add rice, almonds, chives and mushrooms.
- Cook and stir until almonds are golden brown, about 20 minutes.
- Heat oven to 325°. Pour rice mixture into ungreased 1-1/2 qt. casserole. Heat chicken broth to boiling and stir into rice mixture. Cover tightly. Bake about 1 1/2 hours or until all liquid is absorbed and rice is tender and fluffy.
Ready to make this recipe? Get your wild rice here:
Hand Picked Wood Parched Lake & River Wild Rice
Light MN Cultivated Wild Rice
Minnesota Cultivated Wild Rice
Our premium Lake & River Wild Rice is certified whole kernel, great tasting, Grade A, #1 wild rice
We now have another economical wild rice: whole kernel, light colored, fast cooking Minnesota Cultivated Wild Rice. This cultivated wild rice looks, cooks and tastes similar to our Hand Picked Wood Parched Lake & River Wild Rice.
We now have a more economical wild rice, whole kernel Minnesota Cultivated Wild Rice. Cultivated wild rice tastes great and saves you money!